The relationship between best friends is one of the most amazing experiences in life. For this reason, we want to do everything possible to make our best friends enjoy our company. Most of the time this happens naturally, but sometimes it is necessary to remember those actions that distinguish ordinary friends from best friends.
Part 1 of 3: Enjoying Life With Your Friend
Step 1. Plan activities together
The good memories we have are times we spend with our best friends. Plan activities together and make sure you stick to them. It's important to make sure you have a good time together, away from home, school, or work.
With a best friend, you can do almost any activity. Go on a day trip and visit new places or just chat over a cup of coffee. The important thing is that you have a good time together
Step 2. Stay together
Best friends don't have to do something amazing to have a good time. Sometimes it's enough to just stay home with your best friend and hang out together. Invite your friend over to your house, even if you don't have anything special to do. Enjoy each other's company and relax.
There are a lot of fun activities you can do if you stay at home. Watch a movie, play a video game, bake cupcakes, and more. Just because you're staying at home doesn't mean you have to spend all of your time sitting on the couch
Step 3. Spend time together on a regular basis
Being close to each other on a regular basis is what will make your friendship stronger. You don't have to make a big deal out of it. You can just eat together or take the same bus to school. Even if you only have 20 minutes, use that time to see each other as it plays an important role in becoming a best friend.
Besides helping you cultivate friendship, regular social interactions are extremely helpful for your mental health. Scientific studies have shown that chatting in person with people on a regular basis helps reduce anxiety, depression and stress. Social activities can help people struggling with these disorders feel better and strengthen friendships
Step 4. Share jokes
As you spend time together there will be times that make you laugh out loud without being able to control yourself. Remember those times and talk about them later. It will make you smile and laugh again and remind you of all the happy times you shared with each other.
Step 5. Make spontaneous decisions
A friendship should not develop according to a particular scenario. Call your friend when you feel like it. He'll appreciate the fact that you've thought about him, even if you're not spending time together.
Are you wondering how to go about it? If a situation reminds you of your friend or if you know that they will find an experience you have had funny, call or send them a message. Offer to meet with you, even if you haven't planned anything. It's that simple
Step 6. Make friends with his family
You're probably going to be spending a lot of time with your friend if you want to strengthen your friendship. Get to know his family members and befriend them too. When you meet them, take an interest in their life and ask them how they are doing. Try to remember details about them that you can talk about the next time you see them. You might not get along with each other all the time, but most of the time you should make an effort to be friendly with them.
Your best friend's parents may invite you on a family vacation. In this case, it is necessary to behave in the best possible way and to respect all members of his family. Otherwise, you can ruin the relationship
Part 2 of 3: Support your best friend
Step 1. Be close to him in times of sadness
All people go through difficult times in life. If your friend is upset, show them they can count on you and encourage them to confide in you. Try to see things from his point of view and give him comfort. He'll see how important he is to you and return the elevator to you when you need it.
- Most of the time, it is always more important for a person to be listened to and sympathetic, rather than trying to find a solution to their problem. In such a situation, do not give in to temptation and do not try to suggest solutions to your friend. If you have something to tell him, wait until he has calmed down a bit before bringing it up.
- If he is really in trouble, then your help may be needed. Help her with things like shopping and daily chores. He will greatly appreciate your help once he gets over it.
- The death of a loved one is always a horrible experience, which still involves the period of mourning. When this happens, the grieving person may do things that are inconsistent with their personality. However, don't think that she doesn't want your support - quite the opposite. Stay with your friend if they are facing a tragedy, even if they don't seem happy to be there. More than ever, your best friend needs help and will never forget that you have been supporting him all the time.
Step 2. Let your friend support you
Support is mutual. It is important to trust the person so that their support is meaningful. When you're sad or angry, turn to your best friend. Be open and share your emotions with him. So not only will you feel better, but you will also learn to trust yourself and strengthen the bond of friendship that unites you.
Step 3. Encourage him
Always be there and ready to help your friend when they need it, not just when the going gets tough. Encourage him to make his dreams come true and achieve his goals. He will appreciate your efforts to cheer him up and give him the strength to follow his dreams. In life, we always remember those who gave us the strength to reach our goals and make our dreams come true.
Even if you don't approve of what he wants to do, you should still support your friend as long as it doesn't hurt or get him in trouble. You don't have to do the same things your friend does. Supporting him even if you don't approve of what he is doing will make him very happy
Step 4. Be a loyal and devoted friend
Don't tell people the secrets your best friend has shared with you. Don't force him to do something he doesn't want just for your best interests. This sort of thing betrays trust and destroys friendship forever.
- When there is conflict, loyalty to a friend can require some tough decisions on your part. At the end of the day, you should always be supportive of your best friend. Showing unconditional loyalty is very important.
- Take the first step and share your personal information if you want your friend to share their secrets with you too.
- If you need to confess or share something, your friend should be the first person to talk to. Sharing secrets with each other is a guarantee of loyalty.
Step 5. Accept your friend's flaws
No one is perfect and neither is your friend. Don't try to change things about your friend based on your beliefs, because they certainly know their flaws as much as yours. Over time, you will realize that it was the differences that actually brought you closer together.
Part 3 of 3: Become a nice friend
Step 1. Be kind
Kindness makes people happy. People like to be around people who are usually nice. Treat everyone with respect and take small steps to help those who are having difficulty. You will be amazed at the impact these actions can have.
Step 2. See your friends as equals
Don't despise your friends and don't treat them like royalty either. People don't like others to think they are better than them. At the same time, many people feel uncomfortable when a person has low self-esteem. At the end of the day, we are all equal. Never forget it.
If this is a problem you face all the time, always consider what you are saying and how others might react. You shouldn't try to be mean to your friend to yourself. Watch yourself carefully and your habits will naturally change over time
Step 3. Be funny
It's no secret that everyone loves to laugh. Make jokes when it's appropriate. Sometimes it's okay to tease someone, but don't say offensive words. If you find humor in all situations in life, you will become a happier person and people will want to spend more time with you.
Don't worry if you're not a born comic. A great way to be funny is to surround yourself with people and things that will make you laugh. Watch comedy movies and listen to comedians. Find time to relax if you have a busy schedule. It won't happen overnight, but soon you will be more comfortable doing things and joking around with people
Step 4. Be yourself
There is no point in trying to be another person to please others. Unless they are not very perceptive, they will be able to notice it directly. Nobody wants to hang out with a show-off. Being yourself will attract friends who love you for who you are, not who you are trying to be.
- The company of the best friend is always pleasant. If you feel uncomfortable around your best friend, it might be time to re-evaluate the relationships you have with your loved ones.
- Don't expect anything in return if you do something for your friend. Your actions should be driven by a desire to help, not selfish goals.
- Do not interfere in other people's problems unless they are your friends. If they know you're trying to help them, just say they're your best friends and you don't want to see them fight.