We frequently see banners on the web. They are usually found at the top of a site's pages. Most often you see the name of the company and its logo, sometimes it is advertising or sometimes a mixture of the two when it comes to a commercial site. A banner can be informative, attractive and incentive, you want to keep the Internet user visiting your site. We are going to show you some ways to create a banner.
Method 1 of 6: Use Photoshop
Step 1. Open a new document
Define the size of your banner: There are a number of standard sizes for banners. For our examples, we will start on the basis of a so-called “classic” banner: 468 pixels by 60 pixels.
NB: this is a standard size, but there is nothing mandatory. If you need a particular dimension, choose it
Step 2. Choose the background color
Choose a color that matches the colors of your site.
- Click on Foreground color to bring up the spectrum and choose your color.
- With the Paint Bucket tool, fill the background of the banner with the selected color.
Step 3. Create a new frame
Fill it with a darker color to make the text and logo stand out. You now want this frame to be proportional to the banner, and centered.
- In this new frame, select an area that will be slightly smaller than the original banner and fill it with the chosen color.
- Center the filled area. Select the entire frame by doing CTRL-A (on PC) or Command-A (on Macintosh).
- From the Frame menu, select Align Frame to Selection> Vertical Centering. Repeat this manipulation, but with Horizontal Centering. In the end, you will have everything centered, horizontally and vertically.
Step 4. Add your logo
To do this, open your logo image file, copy it and paste it on your banner where it will appear as a new frame. Optionally, adjust the size. At the same time press CTRL-T on a PC or Command-T on a Macintosh and use the handles to resize the document to the desired size. To keep the proportions during resizing, you must also hold down the Shift key.
Step 5. Add a company or website name
To do this, choose the tool Text, select your font and type your text. If you have the wrong font size, change it as explained in the previous step.
Step 6. Add additional elements
Sometimes a logo and name is enough. Other times, to attract more attention, you will have to add text and / or illustrations. To do this, create a new frame, which will allow you to make all the necessary adjustments without modifying the already existing frames.
Step 7. Clean up
Adjust the logo, title and all elements to the millimeter, then save the banner.
Method 2 of 6: Use Microsoft Paint
Step 1. Open a new document
Start by creating a document.
Step 2. Draw a banner in the desired size
You can choose the size you want or click here to see a choice of banners.
Step 3. Use the Paint Bucket Tool to fill your banner with the color you want
This allows you to have a colored background. Choose the color that best matches those on your site.
Step 4. Add photos, images and text
Click on the pad To stick on or, from the menu, choose Paste from.
- Locate where the image you want is located and click on the button. To open.
Step 5. Resize your image if necessary
Click on the pad Resize, then choose Pixels. Set the height of your banner.
- Move the image to the desired place.
- Put as many images as you want (… and who can fit!).
Step 6. Add your name
To do this, use the tool Text (button marked with an "A"), type your name or whatever.
Step 7. Make your banner bigger
Use the tool To select and draw a rectangle around your banner. This rectangle should be the desired final size. Then click on Enlarge.
Step 8. Once done, save your project
Method 3 of 6: Use Microsoft PowerPoint
Step 1. Open a new blank PowerPoint document
Position the page at 100%
Step 2. Draw the background of the banner
Use one of the standard banner sizes or whatever size you want.
- Click on the pad Shapes and choose a rectangle.
- Give it the desired size and fill as you want. You can use a predetermined color or choose a particular color from the “Fill Color” menu, select Fill Effects or click on the button Shape Styles and choose a pre-recorded filling.
Step 3. Add a photo or logo
You can add photos, logos or all kinds of images to your banner. We will take a “clipart” drawing as an example. Click on the button Picture and choose the type of images you want to insert. Add your image, resize it and place it in your banner.
Step 4. Add text or other elements
Put your company name, slogan or any other information to complete your banner.
Step 5. Select the banner
From the Edit menu, choose Select all or press CTRL-A (on PC) or Command-A (on Mac). Important: Make sure your banner is exactly as you want it and that there are no unwanted elements!
- Right click on any part of your banner except text, then choose Save as … remembering to select the image format (eg JPEG).
Step 6. Save your banner
Open it to verify that it is exactly as you want it. You can then use it as many times as needed!
Method 4 of 6: Use online banner makers
Step 1. Visit one of the following sites:
BannersABC.com, Addesigner.com, mybannermaker.com, etc. For more sites, search on Google. There are many, many different banner makers out there. Take the time to compare and choose the one that works best for you.
Step 2. Add text and images
Simply follow the instructions and manipulations that the site gives you to create your banner. They often have an image bank that you can tap into. Otherwise, you can import images created or recovered by you.
Step 3. Create your banner
Once you are done, you will find an "Export" function which will ask you in which folder or tree structure and in what format (JPEG is ideal) to download it. Follow the instructions, save, download. Then you can use it as many times as needed.
Method 5 of 6: Create an avatar that matches the banner
Step 1. This is not mandatory
However, you may need an avatar that matches your banner in order to use it on forums.
Step 2. Use the resize feature
It is available in most graphics software. Reduce your banner to get a smaller one.
Otherwise, you can create small banners with the elements of the big one. So you can create a mini banner with your logo or image or just a mini banner with the name of the company. In all cases, they must remain legible
Step 3. Your avatar should be small
48 by 48 pixels is the standard size.
Step 4. Save your avatar
Method 6 of 6: Add a banner as a signature for forums, for a site, etc
Step 1. Create an account
Use an online photo sharing site like Photobucket, Flickr, Tumblr or any other site.
Once the account is created, you can upload your banner, avatar and any other image to the site
Step 2. Get the HTML code for each image
You just have to paste, for example, the code of your banner to make it a signature for a forum, to illustrate a site or whatever else you want.
- Go to forums or other sites to see sample banners!
- On your computer, have a variety of fonts available to you.
- It is practice makes perfect !
- Making a banner takes time and therefore patience!
- In case you upload your photo to Photobucket and use PowerPoint for your banner, the photo is saved in EMF format, which format Photobucket does not recognize. To convert it, be sure to save the photo (step 9) in JPEG or-g.webp" />
- To keep it in the best conditions, save it as a 24-bit bitmap drawing and make a copy in JPEG and-g.webp" />