You can use any image to set it as your computer or phone wallpaper. In these two cases, you will have to access the appropriate interface, generally going through the parameters before having a preview to adjust the position of the background and to confirm your choice. On desktops, it is possible to choose a new wallpaper through the desktop or the Internet browser. Also, don't forget to check the quality of the image you choose before confirming!
Method 1 of 5: Change the wallpaper on Android
Step 1. Open settings
Step 2. Tap Display
You will find it in the section Device and there you will find a list of specific options on the screen.
Step 3. Tap on Wallpaper
This will open a list of folders where you can choose a new wallpaper.
The options available may vary depending on the model of phone or tablet you are using
Step 4. Tap Photos
This will open a list with all the photos present on your device, including those in the dedicated app, downloads, and third-party apps.
Step 5. Preview the wallpaper
- You can also get to the same point by opening the photos folder, tapping on the photo you want, opening the menu (top right) and tapping Use as before choosing Wallpaper.
Step 6. Adjust its position by dragging it
You can also adjust the zoom with your two fingers.
Step 7. Tap on Set as wallpaper
This allows you to confirm the positioning of the photo on the background of the screen.
- Cancel the change. Tap the button Return if you decide not to use this photo as a wallpaper.
Method 2 of 5: Use display settings on iOS
Step 1. Open settings
Step 2. Tap on Wallpaper
This button is in the left column and it will open the options for wallpapers.
Step 3. Tap on Choose new wallpaper
You will arrive on a screen where you can choose between the default wallpapers and the photos you have on your device.
Step 4. Tap on the photo to open the preview
- You can get to the same page by opening the app Pictures, by tapping on the photo of your choice, by opening the menu Share at the top right and tapping Use as wallpaper.
Step 5. Drag the photo to position it
You can also adjust the zoom with your two fingers.
Step 6. Choose wallpaper settings
The bottom bar contains several options that allow you to adjust the use of the wallpaper. By selecting the first three, you will confirm your choice of wallpaper.
- Use for lock screen: This allows you to see the photo you want on the screen when your device is locked.
- Use for home screen: this allows you to see your photo as wallpaper only when the device is unlocked.
- Use for both: This allows you to use the photo for the lock screen and the home screen.
- Enable / Disable zoom: When enabled, this option allows you to fit the photo to the screen size so that it goes down a bit when you tilt the device.
- to cancel: this allows you to return to the wallpaper that was installed before.
Method 3 of 5: Change the wallpaper on Windows
Step 1. Right click on the desktop
Choose Personalize. This option is at the bottom of the contextual menu that appears and which will bring you to the appropriate menu. You should see some sample images under the "Choose your image" header.
- To quickly and easily change the wallpaper, right-click on a photo on your computer and select Choose as desktop background in the context menu. However, you will not have access to all menu options. Personalize.
Step 2. Click Browse to find the photo
You will need to navigate to the folder where the image you want to select is located.
Step 3. Click on a photo
Select Choose an image. This photo will appear as a wallpaper as well as in the list of available images.
Step 4. Choose one of the options from the drop-down menu
Menu options Choose a fit are useful if you choose an image smaller or larger than your screen resolution.
- To fill adjusts the image so that there is no white space left around it.
- Adjust adjusts the image so that neither side is cut off.
- Thumbnail allows you to fill the screen background with small copies of the image. This option is more suitable for small images.
- Center allows to use the exact size of the image.
Step 5. Select Slide Show
This can be found in the drop-down menu to change the wallpaper photo at regular intervals (optional). Once you have selected this option, you can add photos to the slideshow by clicking Navigate and set the interval of the photo change from the menu Change the image every.
Step 6. Press the cross at the top right
This will close the window and confirm your changes once you have chosen the image and optional settings. They are saved automatically as you set them up.
Method 4 of 5: Change the wallpaper on Mac
Step 1. Open the Apple menu
Select System Preferences. The Apple menu is located in the upper left corner of the menu bar.
Step 2. Click Desktop & Screen Saver
This will open the settings for the wallpaper and screen saver. By default, you can choose a wallpaper installed by Apple or a photo from one of the folders.
- To change it more easily, press Ctrl while clicking on the image, then select Use as desktop background in the context menu. However, you will not have access to all the customization options in the display settings.
Step 3. Tap the + button
This allows you to add an image from another folder. This button is located in the lower right corner of the window and you will be able to open the folder where the image of your choice is located.
Step 4. Click an image to select it
It will become the wallpaper of your computer and you will be able to see it right away. You can change the wallpaper as many times as you want by selecting other images from the folder that appears.
Step 5. Select Change Image
You can then switch between several wallpapers (optional). Once you have checked the box, you can choose the interval you want to see the images change from the menu on the right.
This option will use all the images that are in the folder you selected
Step 6. Press the cross to confirm the changes
This will close the window and confirm the changes once you have made them. These settings are saved automatically after selecting them.
Method 5 of 5: Use browser images
Step 1. Choose your browser
Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari allow you to change the wallpaper image directly from your browser. On Chrome, you must first download it to the hard drive to use it.
You cannot use your browser on a mobile device to achieve the same result
Step 2. Find a picture
You should include the size and resolution of the image in your search. If you are using Google Image Search, you can get there by selecting Research tools under the search bar and choosing the option Cut from the drop-down menu.
Step 3. Click to see the preview
You can also see an image at maximum size by clicking on See picture next to the preview.
Step 4. Right click on the image
For Mac, Ctrl + one click. Select Use as background image. The image will become your wallpaper without previewing it.
This method will adjust the image to the default screen size
Step 5. Right click on the image
Select Save as (optional). Choose a location on your computer and save the image there for access from the wallpaper setting tools. This is an option for Google Chrome users and for those who want more control over the image used as wallpaper.
Use the appropriate method for the browser you are using
- If the image looks pixelated or of poor quality, it may be because its resolution is lower than that of your screen.
- For best results, use an image appropriate for your screen resolution. You can check it by right clicking on it and following Properties -> Details (on Windows) or Ctrl + a click on Mac before selecting View information. On Android, select the photo and tap the button Information.