With the right tools, it is quite easy to send videos to other people. Normally, you should store them on your PC before sending them. While it is possible to send them directly from an email client, there are still other ways.
Step 1. Transfer the video to the PC
Connect the digital camera or other device where the file is located to your PC and copy it to the hard drive.
Step 2. Find the videos to send on your PC
Step 3. Attach them to an email and send them
Part 1 of 2: Use a video sharing site
Step 1. Use a site like YouSendIt or Drop
These sites allow you to send files that are too large for your email client to process.
Step 2. Register with the site if necessary
Enter the recipient's email address in the appropriate field.
Step 3. Download the videos to send from your PC to the site
The site will send links of your video files to your recipients via email.
Part 2 of 2: Use a desktop client
Step 1. Download sharing software like Pando on your PC
Step 2. Choose how you want to send the video
For example, you could choose to send it by email or instant messaging.
Step 3. Enter the recipient's email address to send the video by email
Step 4. Find the video on your PC
Select it or drag it into the software window.
Step 5. Send the file to your recipients
The video will be stored on the sharing software's server.
- The advantages of using desktop file sharing software are that you don't have to be online when your recipients download the files and there is less chance of error while uploading. 'sending the file.
- You can compress the video to reduce its size (thus, make sharing easier) using various software, but this may result in loss of quality.
- If you want to email the video, make sure it is less than 2MB. Large video files take longer to download and may be rejected by the recipient's email client.
- Use free trials offered by file sharing sites to upload videos.
- Do not share or download links to copyrighted videos that do not belong to you.
- Videos sent through the file sharing site or a desktop client may only be available to recipients for a certain period of time, such as 7 days.
- Check that your video files are saved in a good format that can allow your recipients to access them.
- If you share videos using a desktop client, your recipient might need to use the same software to download them.