Learn how to turn on your television in a few easy steps!
Method 1 of 3: Use the remote control
Step 1. Press the power button on your remote
- Read the user guide for your remote control to learn how to use it properly.
- If you have speakers, game consoles, or DVD players, you may need to turn them on separately as well.
Method 2 of 3: Use the remote control and set-top box
Step 1. First make sure the decoder is turned on
- Take a look at the decoder. Is a number displayed or is the screen blank? If you see a number appear, it is probably already on.
- Find the remote control for the decoder. Sometimes it has a different remote control than the one you use for your TV.
- On some remotes you have to press the button All lit up. If your remote controls both your TV and set-top box, it will turn them on both at the same time. If it only controls your decoder, go straight to the next step.
Step 2. Press power on on the TV remote control
- If the TV does not turn on, there may be a problem with the remote control. Check the batteries or, if it's a universal remote, press the button TV and try the power button again.
- If the television turns on, but you do not see a channel (a blue screen or the expression No signal appears):
- make sure the decoder is turned on;
- make sure the television is on the correct channel to receive a signal from the decoder. It is most often the Zero chain.
Method 3 of 3: Without remote control
Step 1. Press the power button on your TV
To turn on your television without the remote control, simply turn on your television. If you're having trouble finding the power button, follow the steps below.
- Read through the user guides that came with your TV if you have kept them.
- Check if your TV has a visible touch-sensitive power button. It is most often found in the middle of the bottom panel of your TV.
- Take a look to the left, right, and top of your TV, as this is where the power button may be on some models. Its size, color, label, or a power-on symbol such as the one displayed here may help you identify it.
Step 2. Try to find or replace your remote
As a first step, you can search for the remote control that you have lost. If you can't find the power button and don't have a remote control either, you can try purchasing one that is compatible with your TV. If the remote you have is broken, follow the steps in our article How to fix a remote control box to fix it.
- Do not hit your television or remote control if it refuses to turn on.
- Keep the user guides for all your televisions or electrical devices in a safe place so that you can refer to them later when needed.