Do you want to keep track of your passwords without anyone being able to read them or do you want to send someone a secret message? This article will show you how to write messages in invisible ink so that no one other than you and possibly your recipient can discover their content! You will feel like a real secret agent!
Method 1 of 5: Make invisible ink with lemon juice
Step 1. Squeeze half a lemon into a bowl
Step 2. Add a few drops of water then mix everything together with a spoon
Step 3. Dip a cotton swab into the mixture
Use it to write your message on a piece of white paper. You can replace the cotton swab with a bird feather, toothpick, fountain pen, brush or even a calligraphy pen!
Step 4. Let the invisible ink dry
Once the ink dries, your message will disappear completely!
Step 5. Put the paper that contains the invisible ink message on top of a light bulb
Hold the paper near the bulb until the message reappears. You can also put it over a flame, like a candle, but be careful not to burn the paper!
Method 2 of 5: Make invisible ink with baking soda
Step 1. Pour 60 ml of baking soda and 60 ml of water in a bowl and mix everything together using a whisk or a spoon
Dip a cotton swab in the mixture and then use it to write your message on a piece of white paper.
Step 2. Wait for the ink to dry completely
Step 3. Dip a brush in concentrated grape juice
Then paint over the message and wait for it to reappear! You can use any obscure fruit juice.
Method 3 of 5: Write a message in invisible ink with milk
Step 1. Pour a little milk in the bottom of a ramekin then dip a cotton swab in the liquid
Step 2. Use the cotton swab to write the message on a piece of white paper
Let the milk dry.
Step 3. Let the post dry for about 30 minutes
Step 4. Expose the paper to the heat
You can use a flame like a candle, a lighted bulb, or an iron. The message will appear because the milk will heat up more slowly than the paper.
Method 4 of 5: Write an invisible message with a white colored pencil
Step 1. Use a white colored pencil to write a message on a piece of white paper
Step 2. Paint over your message with water-based paint
The message will reappear then!
Method 5 of 5: Write an invisible message without ink
This method relies on the pressure and indentation of the paper.
Step 1. Superimpose two sheets of paper
Place one on top of the other.
Step 2. Write your message on the top sheet
Press down hard on the pen while writing.
Step 3. Remove the 1st sheet
Step 4. Gently blacken the 2nd sheet with a pencil
The message will appear, much like chalk on a board.
WikiHow Video: How to Write a Message in Invisible Ink
- If you don't have a white pencil, you can use a white candle to write your invisible message. Then paint over the message with water-based paint (as if you had used a white pencil).
- To read a message written with lemon juice or milk, you can also place the paper under a piece of cloth and iron it to make the message reappear. Another method is to put the paper in an oven heated to 180 ° C for a few minutes, until the message reappears.
- For the lemon juice method, it is better to use black paper.
- For the white pencil method, it is not mandatory to heat the paper, you can simply hold it in front of a window in broad daylight. The message will be less visible, but you will still be able to read it.
- Don't add too much water!
- Make sure you don't add more baking soda than water.
- For the method with the white pencil, it is not necessary to paint the message, you can color it with a dark colored marker.