Create the success of your next baby shower and design a motorcycle shaped diaper cake for a mom-to-be. Ideal for a motorcycle fan or just someone who loves beautiful things, this book doesn't require a lot of skill, just enough materials, and a little time.
Part 1 of 4: Selecting Gifts To Make The Motorcycle Diaper Cake
Step 1. Choose the colors and style of materials according to mom's tastes
The following list explains exactly what you need (see also the necessary elements, below, for the book):
- at least 34 diapers (newborn or advanced)
- 2 first covers
- 2 bibs, a toy chain (appropriate for the child's age)
- 1 pair of children's socks
- 1 bottle
- 1 washcloth
- 1 soft toy (which does not contain small dangerous elements for the child)
Part 2 of 4: create the wheels of the motorcycle
The rounded shapes you are about to create form the wheels of the motorcycle.
Step 1. Line up the layers in the cake pan
Start by filling one side of the mold. To do this, stack the layers horizontally and then build a wall. Then move the layers to fill the other side.
Step 2. Continue to line up the layers on the sides of the cake pan
Continue to create the shape, as in the photo.
Step 3. Hold the layers in the mold
Wrap them with a rubber band all around the diapers.
Step 4. Take out the diaper “wheel” and place it gently on a hard surface
Ask a friend for help, because if a single diaper falls off, you have to start all over!
Step 5. Create another layer wheel
Make the same rounded shape in the same cake pan.
- Add the elastic around the layers, carefully take the wheel out of the mold and place this wheel next to the first one.
Step 6. Decorate the elastic with a ribbon
Cover the elastic or elastic ribbon with the decorative ribbon. This improves the image and helps give the impression of a wheel.
- Pin the ribbon, leave the pin under the wheel so that it cannot be seen.
Part 3 of 4: add the covers
Step 1. Fold the first blanket in half, lengthwise
Iron if necessary to remove creases.
Step 2. Roll up the blanket tightly
Remember that this cover will need to fit in the middle of the wheel. Pin the blanket roll to hold it in place.
Step 3. Pass the roller through the hole in the wheel
Check that the wheel is in the middle. The rollers should remain stable, pin the ends of the rollers if necessary.
Step 4. Lay the diaper wheel on its side (now it looks like a wheel)
Join the two covers. Line up the two wheels to form the base of a motorcycle.
- Tuck the end of the blanket into the hole in the second diaper wheel. Gently pull so that the cover is supporting the two wheels together.
- Add a pin to the end of the covers to make sure they fit securely inside the wheels.
Step 5. Fold the second blanket in half lengthwise
Roll it up like you did with the first blanket.
Step 6. Place the cover in the hole in the front wheel
Slide the blanket completely through the hole and join the two ends together.
Part 4 of 4: add the last items
Step 1. Pin the bib to the top of the front wheel
Leave the child's logo or name on the face up.
Step 2. Hold the ends of the front wheel cover up
Slide a ring so that both ends are held. Slide it as low as possible to the wheel.
Step 3. Place the bottle over the bib and under the ring
Check that it is properly adjusted.
Step 4. Improve the shape and strength of the handlebars
Slide a roll of thin cardboard into each part of the handlebars.
Step 5. Stuff baby socks with a small amount of tissues to inflate the garment
Step 6. Place the socks at the end of each handlebar sleeve
Pin them if they don't naturally hold in place.
Step 7. Add the second bib to the rear wheel as you did the first
Step 8. Lay down the plush so that it looks like it is riding the motorcycle
You might have to pin it if it's too flexible.
Step 9. Well done
Now you have a funny, cute and very useful gift for the mother-to-be.
- Place the diaper cake in an oversized basket full of gifts for Mom (like spa vouchers, a bottle of champagne, and even a cute nightgown to wear in the hospital).
- Place the washcloth around the bottle before inserting it over the bib.