Gaming apps are a popular way to kill time, and word games are among the biggest hits. One game in particular, called "4 Pics 1 Word" (4 Pics 1 Word), has become increasingly popular on Facebook, iPhone and Android recently.
Part 1 of 2: Play the game
Step 1. Get the game
You can download 4 Pics 1 Word through the Apple App Store or the Android Market on Google Play. Alternatively, you can play a desktop version if you have a Facebook account.
- No matter how you play the game, you will need to have a Facebook account in order to play. Once the app is installed, you will be asked to log into your Facebook account before you can play. Although 4 Pics 1 Word is technically a single player game, you can interact with your Facebook friends during the game.
- Download the game for your iPhone or iPad at this link.
- Download the game for your Android at this link.
- Start learning the game by going to this website.
Step 2. Observe the images
Once the game starts, you will see a screen with four photographs. These four photos all have something in common. Sometimes it will be obvious, other times it will actually be quite difficult to guess. This is especially true when you go deeper into the game.
- The puzzles are more or less random, but you can expect to have the easiest ones at the start and to get harder as you progress.
- An example of a riddle shows two photos of women with their arms in the air and two photos of the sea. The common point in this riddle is "vague", it is the answer that you will have to type to pass the level.
Step 3. Guess the theme
Below the images you will see white space indicating how many letters are in the answer. Underneath that there will be a selection of messy letters for you to choose from to give the answer. Tap these letters to spell the word you think is the answer.
- The answer to the riddle is the common point or theme between these four photos.
- Note that you will be offered more letters than necessary. This is not a game where you simply have to find a word by having its letters.
- When you answer the question correctly, you are rewarded with three coins and you can advance to the next level.
Step 4. Rate the clearance when prompted
After successfully completing the first five levels, you will be asked to grade 4 Pics 1 Word. A message will appear saying that if you like the app you can give it a 5 star rating and receive 150 more coins.
If you want to get the coins, you will have to click on the button Rate now!
and give the app a five star rating.
- You can also choose Later if you want to wait until you have played the game a little longer or No thanks if you don't want to rate. Not giving a five star rating means not receiving all 150 stars, of course.
- The coins will come in handy for the following levels and you will need them to use the help or cheat buttons when you get stuck on more difficult puzzles.
Step 5. Use the cheat buttons
The “cheat” or “help” button looks like a small bomb and is located in the lower right corner of the screen. Tapping on it will give you two options that will help you solve the puzzle.
- The first option you have is to remove some of the available letters, making the puzzle easier to solve. Doing this will cost you 90 coins, however.
- The second option you have is revealing one of the letters in the answer, which can also help you get on the trail of the correct word. It will cost you 60 coins.
Step 6. Go through all the levels
Once you have successfully solved the puzzle for each level, you will have won the game. The application will offer you a congratulatory message and it will be over.
At this point, there will be no more puzzles for you to access. Wait for the app to update to see if more puzzles have been added
Part 2 of 2: Getting Help and Other Strategies
Step 1. Ask your Facebook friends for help
If you get stuck on a puzzle, you can take advantage of the fact that this app is using your Facebook account by tapping on the Facebook icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- This will automatically generate a post on your Facebook wall with a screenshot of the puzzle you're stuck on. Click on the button To share to display it on your wall.
- You can also include your own comments on the puzzle, explaining why you need help, what failed attempts, and so on. Give your friends as much information as possible to help them help you.
- You will need to be signed in to the Facebook app on your phone or tablet for this to work. If you are playing this game on your computer, you should already be logged in to Facebook since you are using it to play the game.
- This is the only social interaction you will be able to find in the game. You cannot play with or against others directly.
Step 2. Pay for more coins
If you want to use one of the cheat features, but don't have enough coins to do so, you can purchase more by tapping on the coin icon at the top right of the screen.
- The parts cost 0, 99 € for 350; € 1.99 for 750; € 4.99 for 2,000; € 9.99 for 4,500 and € 19.99 for 10,000.
- Note that this is the only feature that costs money to use. All other features are free and the game is free to download. In addition, the app does not contain any ads.
- It is wise to do this selectively. Since there are other options you can use to complete 4 Pics 1 Word levels, spending money on coins is usually not necessary.
- On the other hand, if you get stuck and don't know what to do next, you can use this option, but it is recommended to buy the smaller amount. If you need to buy more after that, then you may want to consider buying a larger quantity, especially since you will get more for your money.
Step 3. Go to a cheat site
As the game has grown in popularity, so has the number of resources for those looking for a little help. In particular, there is a wide variety of websites that will provide you with clues and answers to the puzzles you get stuck on.
- 4 Pics 1 Word Answers lets you look at the clues to the puzzles before you see the answer, if that's what you want to do. Clues are text descriptions of actions and subjects in photos.
- Several sites will ask you to enter all the letters in the puzzle and select the number of letters in the answer. The website will then generate all possible answers using these letters, without ever looking at the photos of the puzzle.
- Other websites will give you the answer to each riddle depending on the number of letters in the answer.
- You will find the answers to the puzzles divided into categories of letters on this link.